Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Harvest on Fort Pond

Now that the holidays are over.. I'm already thinking about summer. Last summer I had a fabulously relaxing weekend in Montauk just past the Hamptons in Long Island. Highlight of the trip... Harvest on Fort Pond.



My friend and I shared an early dinner on their outdoor patio and watched the sunset across the pond. With a few drinks and a massive plate of  penne with sautéed asparagus, mushrooms and a creamy mascarpone cheese sauce. They serve large sharing portions and the pasta was more than enough to fill us up. The pasta was cooked just al dente and the cream sauce was not overly heavy. Very nicely balanced and the asparagus and tomatoes were fresh and crisp.







A light refreshing platter of food to go with our blueberry mojitos and spiked lemonades. To add to the charm, the cocktails were served in mason jars.











It's hard to complain when you have a spread of delicious food in front of you and a view to match. Luckily I won't have to wait too long before heading to Long Island. This weekend I'll be heading to Long Island. With a group of friends in tow, we are going wine tasting on the North Fork of Long Island. Hopefully the cold weather won't put a damper on the trip. Knowing my friends, it will be a blast regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment