Thursday, April 12, 2012

La Biblioteca

By 4:00pm on any given weekday I'm just about ready to leave work and the first thing on my mind is.... happy hour. Where is the best place around here to meet up with a friend for a quick drink and small bite of food before heading home and relaxing? It's a weekday so you can't stay out too late with work in the morning. Working in midtown manhattan means there are a lot of nice restaurants around and plenty of bar choices but not necessarily good happy hour options that have good drinks and food at a reasonable price.


I have a few favorites but my top-choice at the moment is a little basement bar, La Biblioteca. It's a discreet little bar tucked underneath Zengo that specializes in tequila. Anyone who knows me at all knows tequila is NOT my drink of choice, but the seductive charm of this place is undeniable. The dim lighting, the plush leather chairs. The antique shelves full of labeled tequila that composes their 'library' and even the 'librarian' of their collection, a leggy blond who knows more about tequila than I would ever want to. Their short happy hour menu keeps me happy and satisfied after a long day at work.
 
 Library Cards

Tequila Lockers for those who buy bottles - free storage until your next visit

 Mahi Mahi Tacos - 2 for $5 during happy hour

 Tuesday Tequila Tastings - every week a different distillery

No comments:

Post a Comment