Monday, April 23, 2012

Shinbashi

Lunch in midtown usually comes in a bag and is eaten at my desk in front of my computer screen. My coworkers often ask me why I don't leave the office and the answer is usually because its just more convenient to eat at my desk and continue working. But every once in a while I will treat myself to an actual lunch hour. And when those occasions come up, I try to make the effort and spend that time outdoors if possible.

Last Friday was one of those glorious days - perfect weather, outdoor seating, great company, and delicious food. Shinbashi is a little gem in the middle of crowded midtown. When spring comes around, all the restaurants in the city that have the sidewalk space bring out chairs and tables. The insides of their restaurants clear out and the patios are packed to capacity as New Yorkers try to get as much sun as they can in the few warm months we have.

  Ladies' Set Lunch

Dahsi Kabocha Pumpkin, Charshu, Random Avocado Concoction on a Ritz Cracker?

Chawanmushi
 
Mini Chirashi

No comments:

Post a Comment