Wednesday, February 8, 2012

One if by Land, Two if by Sea - Restaurant Week

Behold! Another restaurant week adventure! My goal for this restaurant week season was to go somewhere every week. Though is wasn't properly spaced out, I did get to go to four restaurants that were participating in this winter's restaurant week. Though I was really excited for Cafe Boulud, I have heard so many good things about One if by Land; I was glad to finally have the chance to go.

Many have said that One if by Land is the most romantic restaurant in New York City, I'm not a fan of absolutes but I will say that it was very comfortable and their candlelit tables gave the meal a certain ambiance. The room was mostly tables of two, though there were a few larger tables that came to enjoy restaurant week in a group. Since Sarah and I both had lighter entrees we paired our meal with a great German white wine. Riesling-Kabinett is a dryer version of a typically sweet wine. It was really delicious and went wonderfully with our food. Slam Dunk! 

Prinzsalm Riesling-Kabinett 2007

 Amuse Bouche - Aerated Celery Root Puree topped with Green Apple and Champagne Vinegar Meringue

 Honey-Jalapeno Butter & Roasted Red Pepper Butter for bread

Roasted Bartlett Pear with Maytag Blue Cheese, Endive & ‘Trail Mix’

 Chestnut Tagliatelle with Venison Ragout & Pecorino Ginepro

 Hake in Japanese Pine Broth, Shitake Mushrooms, Ginger Sticky Rice & a (perfectly) Steamed Egg

 Beech Mushroom Risotto with Castelmagno, Superfino Carnarolli & Chervil Oil

 Maple Ice Cream Sundae with Caramel Popcorn, Bacon-Infused Chocolate Sauce & Candied Bacon

 Complimentary Petits Fours at the end of our meal

Normally a meal at this restaurant would run you $80 dollars and though the restaurant week menu is more limited than the normal prix-fixe menu, the options were still delicious and I was completely satisfied (if not stuffed) by the end of dinner.


1 comment:

  1. Did I tell you that I went here with one of the siblings for brunch and there were SO many Koreans? Yummy fries. I forget what else we ordered, but there was this cheese bread something that was amazing...

    ReplyDelete